Dear Willow is a recurring column authored by Classmunity’s support maven, Willow Macy. In it Willow shares some of her most frequently asked about challenges and their solutions.
It is tax season, and I am inundated with all kinds of requests for documents! One of the most recent emails I received is a parent who needs a receipt from a donation made over the summer. Can I do this through Classmunity? Please help!
Anita Ray Cept
Supporters frequently need to request another copy of their receipt, but there is no reason to stress! Classmunity makes it easy to resend receipts for donations & purchases made through the platform. Just follow these simple steps below.
- Locate the transaction within your classmunity platform.
- To do this you will need to be logged in. (note: if you are not an administrator you would need to be a payment processor of the campaign the donation was made to in order to see the transaction details.)
- You can find the donation either on the campaign page, the transaction page of the admin dashboard or the supporter page of the admin dashboard. (Note: Using the supporter page of the admin dashboard will allow you to see all donations made with by that individual/email)
- Information to use to find the donation:
- Email Address used when making the donation/purchase
- Original Campaign
- Date of transaction.
- Click on the envelope icon for that transaction
- This will open a window that allows you to view or resend the receipt. The email will default to the email that used when the donation was made, to send a copy of the receipt to a new email you can enter it now.
- Click send to send a copy of the receipt!
- (note: if you need to print a copy of the receipt – hit view and then print the page view of the receipt that opens)
And if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Co-Founder & Director of Customer Relations